Sunday, February 28, 2016

My newest find for the kitchen

For a couple of months now I have been searching for the right piece to put my cookbooks on.  I didn't want just a plain looking bookcase to put in the kitchen.  I was looking for something more unique.  Just when I was about to give up the search I ventured into Tuesday Morning the other day on my lunch break and this is what I found.


It was the perfect size the space and a bonus is that it have wheels.  I was having a hard time getting a good picture as it is over in the breakfast nook and the table is in the way.




I was thinking about white washing the shelves but I might just leave it alone.


So here it what the space looks like with the shelves.  My kitchen is pretty dark as it is off of the covered deck and doesn't get much light.  I have all the lights on in the kitchen and it still turned out a little dark.  It makes my walls look yellow when they are off white.


Linking with

Between Naps on the Porch, Pink When, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Tabler Party of Two, Our Southern Home, Rustic & Refined, Dwellings The Heart of Your Home, Karen's Up on the Hill, Coastal Charm, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, Confessions of a Plate Addict, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Our Home Away From Home, The Dedicated House, Elizabeth & Co, Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, The Bajan Texan, Oh My Heartsie Girl, Beyond the Picket Fence, The Happy Housie, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, A Delightsome Life, Aspen Jay, Rooted In Thyme, 21 Rosemary Lane, Katherine's Corner, Posed Perfection, Poofing the Pillows, Milas Little Things, Imparting Grace, The Charm of Home, French Country Cottage, Shabby Art Boutique,
DIY Vintage Chic, Life with Lorelai, Shoestring Elegance, Craftberry Bush, Pieced Pastimes, Scrapality

36 comments :

  1. I really like it! My local Tuesday Morning never gets the great items that y'all find. I need something similar to put at the end of my bar to hold cookbooks, etc, too. If you don't mind, about what did this cost? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was going to use it at the end of the kitchen island but I decided to put it on the wall for now. It was a little pricey at $100 but I have seen worse construction on other bookcases for the same price or more. It is very sturdy and I like that it is on wheels so I can move it around if I need to. I also thought of maybe using it outside on the deck if I find another bookcase.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! That's really not a bad price, I was expecting about that. I really like it and as you said, I like the wheels. It's a nice piece and I know you'll get a lot of use from it. I hope I can find something similar at our TM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got it the other day so yours might have one. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. That looks like the perfect piece for that space and you've styled it nicely too. It's great that it has wheels and can be so versatile. Your breakfast nook area looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. Hope you are having a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. You never know what will turn up at Tuesday Morning. Your rolling cart is a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn. I am glad that I went there that day.

      Delete
  5. I love it and I really like how you have decorated the shelves, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute shelf and it really looks great against that wall! Your kitchen seating area is adorable. Love the drapes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so pretty. Perfect for your kitchen! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. How perfect! You are featured today at Decor To Adore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know. Have a great day! Thanks for the feature.

      Delete
  9. I love your little shelf with wheels. It's a perfect spot to keep fun things handy. Your space is beautiful. Love the round table and the curtains. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey. It took a few months to find it but it was worth it.

      Delete
  10. I can never walk into Tuesday Morning without coming out with something new. The rolling shelves are perfect for your cookbooks. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either. In fact I find it hard not to walk out of any store without buying something. I was glad that I went in that day. I wasn't going to at first.

      Delete
  11. I love this, such a great and fun piece! Thanks for linking up to the Talk of the Town Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky and thanks for the party. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  12. I love it especially with wheels on it - thank you for sharing to Pin Worthy Wednesday Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber and as always thanks for the party!

      Delete
  13. That is such a great piece! I've been looking for something like that, but haven't found it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wasn't even going to go into Tuesday Morning that day but I am glad I did. Have a great day!

      Delete
  14. I am amazed when I actually find just what I am looking for at Tuesday Morning.

    Your kitchen looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have also found some wonderful treasures at Tuesday Morning...I love your curtains! thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's perfect...great find!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a perfect piece for your cookbooks. Your post was truly a joy to read and I hope that you will continue adding your ray of sunshine every week on Thoughts of Home on Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete